WePlay is an award-winning performance marketing agency specialising in sports, helping leading brands and sporting organisations to win in the digital age.
Start Date: Immediate
We’re looking for a B2B specialist in brand marketing to join our fast-growing agency at an exciting time in the company’s growth.
As a Brand Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing the WePlay global brand.
You will be the engine of an industry-leading marketing function, responsible for translating strategic objectives into multi-channel content and media coverage. The role represents a great opportunity to join a dynamic team, at the very heart of an organisation with exciting plans for development.
This is a manager-level role with strategic responsibility for developing our marketing strategy across digital and social channels, producing content, case studies and working very closely with the team to develop stories and campaigns that drive awareness and interest into WePlay as an agency.
This role includes the management of our social channels (Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram), our mailing list and our website.
With a growing client roster, team and plans for expansion, your role will be pivotal in increasing our awareness within the industry, building relationships with key stakeholders and generating new business interest.
20% – Marketing Strategy
- Work with senior colleagues to develop and execute our brand marketing strategy
- Manage a marketing budget in order to deliver on our commercial and marketing objectives
- Develop KPIs to monitor performance in accordance with agreed objectives
40% – Content Creation
- Develop regular brand marketing content, including white papers, email newsletters, thought leadership articles, op-eds and client case studies
- Develop sales collateral alongside our New Business team to showcase the WePlay proposition and win new clients’ business
- Analyse all marketing activity, drive efficiencies and optimise campaigns with support from senior colleagues
30% – Communication
- Execute WePlay’s external brand communication across a combination of online, PR and events activity
- Create and pitch press releases to the media, oversee social media accounts, maintain a content calendar and support in the development of communications plans
- Develop and manage relationships with key sports business and marketing media
- Be responsible for maintaining the consistency of WePlay’s tone of voice
10% – Inbound Marketing
- Supporting business development with campaign ideas
- Develop target lists to distribute marketing material to and understanding how to use inbound marketing to drive lead generation
- Analysing, testing and reporting on the effectiveness / ROI of all our marketing campaigns
- Project manage our internal event delivery, all industry events participation and awards entries
- Experience preferably within B2B marketing
- Experience in implementing a multi-faceted marketing and comms strategy
- Experience and confidence in working with journalists to pitch ideas and stories
- Fluency in English with excellent copywriting and content creation ability
- A passion for and understanding of the sport and entertainment industries
- Excellent communication skills in relation to colleagues, management, clients and the wider industry
- Excellent listening skills and high EQ
- Excellent communication skills which praise the success in public and identify areas for development on an individual basis
- Ability to prepare for and plan deadlines that are achievable and realistic
- Meticulous attention to detail, organisation skills with experience in managing projects and deadlines
- A fascination and a real interest in content marketing, media and technology
- A passion for making things happen
- A network of media contacts relevant to the sports and marketing industries
What we can offer
- A culture of empowerment, trust, flexibility and fun
- A non-hierarchical team approach
- A flexible and empathetic approach to managing professional and private life commitments
- Early responsibility, which will stretch you and enrich your job satisfaction, with an acceptance of bumps in the road being developmental and non-judgemental
- A voice in the business which is valued and listened to and acted upon
- Opportunities to present your creative ideas to the leadership and wider teams
- The opportunity to work on projects for world-renowned sports brands, teams, federations and organisations
- An immersive learning experience, with a focus on strategy, content creation, digital media, data and new technologies
- A passionate environment, driven by a love for sport and an anything is possible attitude
- Being able to attend key business and sporting events across the calendar (COVID dependent)
- Macbook Pro and mobile phone contract
- Opportunity to travel across the world for client work (COVID dependent)
- Tickets and hospitality to client events (COVID dependent)
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays with an extra day of holiday awarded for every year with WePlay
WePlay is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritised. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnic background, family status, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, neuro-diversity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.