WePlay is an award-winning sports marketing agency, helping leading brands and sporting organisations to win in the digital age.
We deliver best in class digital, creative and performance marketing services across a variety of direct to consumer functions, including event ticketing, OTT/PPV subscriptions, retail, content distribution, lead generation and audience strategy and engagement.
Location: Liverpool Street
Employer: WePlay Limited
Start Date: Immediate
We’re looking for a proven and ambitious marketing professional with direct experience of working in the B2B sports industry, to join our fast-growing agency at an exciting time in the company’s growth. Do you have a journalistic or PR background and have a significant understanding of the business of sport? If so, we want to hear from you!
This is a management level role, with strategic and operational responsibility for developing a communication game-plan to drive the awareness of WePlay within the marketing, business and sports industry and build relationships with key stakeholders.
The role represents a great opportunity for those looking to take full accountability for the marketing strategy, produce market-leading content and develop an industry leading marketing function. With a growing client roster, dynamic team and exciting plans for expansion, your role will be a pivotal one at the centre of the organisation.
20% – Marketing and Comms Strategy
- Develop and execute our go-to-market communications strategy and manage budgets in order to deliver on our commercial and marketing objectives
- Establish a marketing machine that drives global awareness of our agency and is able to impact on the inbound interest we receive
- Be responsible for defining key audiences, stakeholders and channels and how we use them
40% – Content Creation
- Deliver regular outbound content including industry-leading white papers, monthly email newsletters, thought leadership blog articles, client case studies and the WePlay Daily WhatsApp group
- Develop sales collateral to ensure the New Business Team are armed with the best tools to showcase the proposition and win new clients’ business
- Analyse all marketing activity, drive efficiencies and optimise campaigns
30% – Communication
- Lead and manage WePlay’s external brand communication across a combination of online, PR and events activity
- Build and send press releases to the media, oversee social media accounts, develop a content calendar and themes of activity
- Further developing the tone of voice that best represents the agency
10% – Inbound Marketing
- Supporting business development with campaign ideas
- Develop target lists to distribute marketing material to and understanding how to use inbound marketing to drive lead generation
- Analysing, testing and reporting on the effectiveness / ROI of all our marketing campaigns
- Project manage our internal event delivery, all industry events participation and awards entries
- 3+ years of experience preferably within B2B marketing
- Proven experience of having created and implemented a multi-faceted marketing and comms strategy
- Demonstrable experience of producing leadership content, newsletters, press releases and blogs
- A network of media contacts relevant to the sports and marketing industries
- Fluency in English with excellent copywriting and content creation ability
- A passion for and understanding of the sport and entertainment industries
- Excellent communication skills in relation to colleagues, management, clients and the wider industry
- Meticulous attention to detail, organisation skills with experience in managing projects and deadlines
- A fascination and a real interest in content marketing, media and technology
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment (ideally alongside sales and account teams)
- A passion for making things happen and building your own projects whilst thriving in a social first world
What we can offer
- A fast-paced, full-time role in our fun London office, with comprehensive, personalised training
- An immersive learning experience, with a focus on digital media, data and new technologies
- A passionate environment, driven by a love for sport and an “anything is possible” attitude
- The opportunity to work in the dynamic international sports industry benefiting from tickets to live sports events, company social days and travel opportunities
- Basic pension plan
- Mental health and well-being support
- Apple Mac computer
- Mobile phone contract
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- A senior-level mentor at the company
To apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.