WePlay is an award-winning performance marketing agency specialising in sports, helping leading brands and sporting organisations to achieve their commercial and marketing objectives.
We deliver strategic consultancy, content marketing, creative development and media planning and buying services, across event marketing, broadcast & streaming, eCommerce, digital sponsorship and audience development verticals.
Start Date: Immediate
As a Paid Media Director, your role will be to both lead the client relationship and oversee all media output from the team, across key paid media accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, the activation, optimisation and reporting of client media activity, across all paid media platforms.
In addition to this, you will play a key role in developing & supporting the account team, including a Paid Media Manager, Paid Media Executive & Media Buying Teams, across both client-serving and campaign strategy.
A key focus of this role will be across growth and innovation, by further developing the client’s omni-channel approach, integrating new platforms & tests, and growing media spend & cross-sell opportunities, in the process.
20% – Client Servicing
You will lead on all aspects of client servicing, including regular client status updates (in person or on the phone), managing client expectations (regarding the delivery of services) and ensuring that all client queries/requests are dealt with in a timely, appropriate manner. You will build strong relationships with our clients and gain their confidence by demonstrating a deep understanding of how biddable media can support their objectives and key business drivers.
20% – Campaign Delivery and Optimisation
You will oversee the delivery of media buying services for your clients. You will lead the day-to-day output and manage a Paid Media Manager (plus Paid Media Exec/Manager), to execute against the agreed media plan and strategy for your accounts. This will include activation of biddable media platforms, weekly campaign optimisations (i.e. CPC/CPM management, audience segmentation, platform weighting), management of client budget and sales trackers.
30% – Campaign Strategy and Planning
You will lead the Campaign Strategy with the support of a Paid Media Manager & Strategist to develop a media plan, forecast and strategy for your campaigns. You will oversee this process with your knowledge of Biddable Media platforms such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc, your previous experience running campaigns in particular client verticals/sectors, as well as your knowledge of understanding client’s business requirements.
30% – Revenue growth (Client and new business)
You will be directly responsible for driving short- and long-term revenue growth from your client group. You will use your client service and media skills to identify opportunities to grow WePlay revenue through addressing client needs. Working with other leaders in the agency, you will be expected to consistently contribute to new business responses to collectively drive the wider agency revenue growth and be a prominent player in the Growth Team.
- 3+ years client leadership experience – overseeing all day-to-day client interactions
- 5+ years line management experience – ensuring direct and indirect reports deliver their roles
- 7+ years of hands-on biddable media planning experience, either in a client or agency side role, across Paid Search, Paid Social & Display/Programmatic advertising
- Media planning experience across at least two paid media disciplines out of Paid Search, Paid Social and Display Advertising
- Record of delivering against client objectives
- Strong commercial acumen and record of securing or growing new revenue streams
- Strong organisation, time management and prioritisation skills – both personally and for that of your team
- Interpersonal skills to build rapport with clients and internal stakeholders
- Facebook Blueprint certification/proficiency
- Google Marketing Platform qualification
- Excellent written grammar and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary and benefits
What we can offer
- A fast-paced, remote working role with comprehensive, personalised training
- An immersive learning experience, with a focus on digital media, data and new technologies
- A passionate and energetic company, driven by a love for sport and an “anything is possible” attitude
- The opportunity to work in the dynamic international sports industry
- A senior-level mentor at the company
- Brand new Mac computer
- Basic pension plan
- Competitive salary and benefits
WePlay is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritised. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnic background, family status, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, neuro-diversity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.