WePlay is an award-winning sports marketing agency, helping leading brands and sporting organisations to win in the digital age. Based in the heart of Shoreditch, WePlay is positioned as a digital specialist for the sports industry, helping 40+ clients to achieve their commercial marketing objectives.
Location: Shoreditch, London
Employer: WePlay Limited
Start Date: Immediate
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Finance Manager to join our fast-growing specialist sports marketing agency.
This Senior Finance Manager role will operate as a standalone finance role within the agency. Provided with a blank canvas to build an internal finance function within a fast-growing sports marketing agency, this role is perfect for an ambitious and entrepreneurial-minded individual that wants to be part of an exciting story.
- Reviewing client KPIs, including profitability analysis, staff utilisation and fee reconciliations
- Management of project budgets, undertaking regular meetings with the account managers to gain accurate understanding of project status and profitability
- Manage timesheet system, tracking and chasing missing timesheets
- Day to day responsibility for PO system, purchase invoice control and sales invoice instruction
- Advertising transaction reconciliation, alongside the performance team to ensure spend on media is budgeted and reported
- Assist with elements of the monthly management reporting, ensuring accurate and timely submission of the financial reporting requirements and commercial analysis
- Responsible for contributing to the forecasting and budgeting process
- Assessing and optimization of rate cards against industry benchmarks
- Supporting fee proposals for client pitches
- Provide commercial and admin support to the senior management team
- Compiling management reports (P&L, balance, cash flow) to the board
- Management of relationships with key internal and external personnel
- At least 3+ years finance experience in a creative/marketing/media or advertising agency
- Exposure to revenue reporting would be preferential including client profitability and utilisation
- Excellent project management skills and comfortable working as the sole internal finance controller
- Commercially minded and have in-depth analytical experience
- Experienced with the MS Office suite, particularly Excel
- Experienced with finance platforms such as Sage, Xero or Free Agent
- An excellent communicator with the ability to liaise with all teams within the agency as well as senior management and board
- Fully qualified finance professional with either ACA, CIMA, ACCA (or equivalent)
- Excellent English written grammar and verbal communication skills
To apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or use the form below.