WePlay is an award-winning sports marketing agency, helping leading brands and sporting organisations to win in the digital-age.
Location: Shoreditch, London
Employer: WePlay Limited
Start Date: Immediate
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Digital Account Director to join our award-winning sports marketing agency.
Reporting into the Client Services Director, you will manage client relationships across our portfolio, providing strategic input while coordinating account management, creative, strategy, measurement, and paid media teams – to deliver against the project objectives.
What you'll be doing
- 30% – Working with clients – Building and maintaining strong relationships with your clients and colleagues, communicating frequently with each of the stakeholders and acting as the key point of contact.
- 30% – Delivery – Devising digital strategies alongside the delivery teams, to achieve the objectives set in each scope of works. You will work closely with your clients and colleagues to suggest, produce and implement strategies and activations to increase client ROI.
- 20% – Business Development – You will work closely with the Client Services Director and the Business Development teams to grow revenues across each of your client accounts and by supporting on new business efforts.
- 20% – General Project and Account Management – Implement project management processes and tools to instill project management discipline and improve efficiencies across the delivery teams. This also includes managing three Account Managers, guiding them on projects and team management and ensuring that all projects are running smoothly. You will also manage programme execution and financial performance across each of your accounts.
- 5+ years of experience of working with clients, managing relationships and working towards set project budgets
- Experience working in the sports industry during this time is preferable, but not a requirement
- 4+ years of experience in direct to consumer marketing, preferably with a digital specialism
- 3+ years of experience of managing a direct report, with a focus on mentoring and guiding them to grow in the role with set KPIs and regular appraisals
- Ability to research, identify and close new opportunities on your client accounts to grow revenues against set targets
- In-depth understanding of the full digital marketing mix (web, social, mobile, email, content, SEO, paid, analytics) including performance measurement against CPM, CPC and CPA campaign results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled and comfortable with presenting digital strategy and creative ideas to senior management level clients
- A passion for building relationships and a clear understanding of the processes required to ensure client retention
- A passion for the pace of digital marketing and digital platform evolution across key players like Facebook and Google
- Profound at presentation writing and formatting including regular use of Keynote and PowerPoint software
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a world-leading and award-winning sports marketing agency
- The opportunity to work on projects for world-renowned sports brands, teams, federations, and organisations
- Mentoring from some of the best digital sports marketing minds in the game
- A fast-paced and energetic role in our London office, located between Shoreditch High Street, Liverpool Street, and Old Street
- An immersive learning experience, with a focus on strategy, content creation, digital media, data, and new technologies
- A passionate environment, driven by a love for sport and an anything is possible attitude
- Being able to attend key business and sporting events across the calendar
- Opportunities to present your creative ideas to the leadership and wider teams
- Mobile phone contract
- Macbook laptop
- Travel to work loan
- Opportunity to travel for client work
- Tickets and hospitality to client events
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
To apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or use the form below.