WePlay is an award-winning sports marketing agency, helping leading brands and sporting organisations to win in the digital age. Based in the heart of London, WePlay is positioned as a digital specialist for the sports industry, helping 50+ clients to achieve their commercial marketing objectives.
Salary: Up to £55k depending on experience
Location: Liverpool Street, London
Employer: WePlay Limited
Start Date: Immediate
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Biddable Director to join our award-winning sports marketing agency.
Reporting into the Client Services Director and Head of Digital, you will be part of the management team at WePlay, with the remit of leading performance marketing and biddable media within the agency.
What you'll be doing
- 30% – Working with clients – Acting as the account lead for a number of key clients you will be the main point of contact for the most senior relationships with each of our key clients. In the role, you will be expected to maintain strong relationships with your clients, with the view of identifying growth opportunities to grow client billings each quarter.
- 30% – Delivery – Devising performance-driven sports marketing campaigns and activations to achieve the objectives agreed with our clients. You will be experienced in multi-channel marketing with a core specialism in biddable and performance marketing. You will be proficient in paid social (Facebook Business Manager), search and display (Google Ads) and programmatic, with a combination of strategic and hands-on experience. Any experience across SEO, email/CRM, organic content planning and analytics is beneficial.
- 20% – Business Development – You will work closely with the senior management team to devise commercial KPIs across your client portfolio, with a strategy to achieve quarterly targets. In addition, you will have a role to play as part of a wider new business pitch team.
- 20% – Project and Team Management – Implement project management and training processes to efficiently manage client projects whilst mentoring your team members. Assisting in the development of our software product suite, to understand which key tools the business should be utilising to improve processes and aid client delivery.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience of working with clients, managing relationships and working towards set project budgets
- In-depth understanding of the full digital marketing mix (web, social, mobile, email, content, SEO, paid, analytics) including performance measurement against CPM, CPC and CPA campaign results
- Highly proficient in the use of paid media platforms, with a core specialism on Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads
- Experience working with sports brands during this time is preferable, but not a requirement
- 5+ years of experience in direct-to-consumer marketing, preferably with a digital specialism
- 3+ years of experience of managing at least one direct report, with experience in mentoring and guiding them to grow in the role with set KPIs and regular appraisals
- Ability to research, identify and close new opportunities on your client accounts to grow revenues against set targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled and comfortable with presenting digital strategy and creative ideas to senior management level clients
- A passion for building relationships and a clear understanding of the processes required to ensure client retention
- A passion for the pace of digital marketing and digital platform evolution across key players like Facebook and Google
- Profound at presentation writing and formatting including regular use of Keynote and PowerPoint software
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a world-leading and award-winning sports marketing agency
- The opportunity to work on projects for world-renowned sports brands, teams, federations and organisations
- Mentoring from some of the best digital sports marketing minds in the game
- A fast-paced and energetic role in our London office, located by Liverpool Street
- An immersive learning experience, with a focus on strategy, content creation, digital media, data and new technologies
- A passionate environment, driven by a love for sport and an anything is possible attitude
- Being able to attend key business and sporting events across the calendar
- Opportunities to present your creative ideas to the leadership and wider teams
- Mobile phone contract
- Macbook laptop
- Travel to work loan
- Opportunity to travel for client work
- Tickets and hospitality to client events
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
To apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or use the form below.