Account DirectorApply for position
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Account Director to join our multi-award-winning team. Reporting to the Client Services Director, you will manage Partner relationships across our portfolio, providing strategic input while coordinating account management, communications, creative, strategy, measurement and paid media teams – to deliver against the project objectives.
30% – Partner Lead and Directorship – You will be the key point of contact for your Partners. You will lead on all aspects of client servicing, including regular status updates (in person or virtual), managing expectations (regarding the delivery of services), and ensuring that all client queries/requests are dealt with in a timely, appropriate manner. You will build strong relationships with our Partners and gain their confidence by demonstrating a deep understanding of how Growth Marketing can support their objectives and key business drivers.
30% – Project Delivery – Devising and executing strategies alongside our communications, creative and media teams, to achieve the objectives set in each agreed scope of work. You are an expert in omnichannel strategy and comms planning, working across the paid, earned and owned spectrum. Meticulous with details and project management, you leave no stone unturned in ensuring each project you manage is delivered against expectations.
20% – Commercial Development – You will be directly responsible for driving short- and long-term revenue growth from your Partner portfolio. You will use your client service and Growth Marketing skills to identify opportunities to grow revenues by addressing Partner needs. Working with other leaders in the business, you will be expected to consistently contribute to pitch responses to collectively drive the wider business revenue growth and be a prominent Player in the team.
20% – General Project and Account Management – Utilisation of our project management software to instill project management discipline and improve efficiencies across the delivery teams. This also includes managing a team of Senior Account Managers and Executives, guiding them on best practice usage of our software, how documentation is used and provided to Partners and ensuring that all projects are running smoothly. You will also manage budget and financial performance across each of your accounts.
- 5+ years of experience of working with clients, managing relationships and working with set budgets
- 5+ years of line management experience – ensuring direct and indirect reports deliver their roles
- Strong commercial acumen and record of securing or growing new revenue streams
- Strong organisation, time management and prioritisation skills – both personally and for that of your team
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry during this time is preferable, but not a requirement
- In-depth understanding of the full digital marketing mix (web, social, mobile, email, content, SEO, paid, analytics) including performance measurement against CPM, CPC and CPA campaign results
- Ability to research, identify and close new opportunities on your client accounts to grow revenues against set targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly skilled and comfortable with presenting digital strategy and creative ideas to senior management level clients
- A passion for building relationships and a clear understanding of the processes required to ensure client retention
- A willingness to grow personally and professionally with ambitious targets
- A passion for the pace of digital marketing and digital platform evolution across key players like Facebook and Google
- Profound at presentation writing and formatting including regular use of PowerPoint software
- 30 days holiday per year + the standard bank holidays
- Annual performance bonus based on achieving company, departmental and personal goals
- Opportunities to attend industry events
- Access to training packages, including sales & negotiation, management, leadership and Mini MBA
- Access to our company mentors to oversee your personal development alongside your line manager
- Company away days
- Breakfast Club and Lunch and Learns
- Monthly socials! (Previously, TOCA Social, All-Star Bowling, Sports Day, Escape Room, HiJingo)
- Community days – we give you time off to support a cause you believe in
- Holiday office closure and additional time off for religious holidays
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy
WePlay is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritised. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnic background, family status, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, neuro-diversity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.