You may have heard about it. Sports fans are flocking in their hundreds every day to an exciting new digital venue. This place is exclusive. It’s only for those who love sport… that’s right. It’s only three weeks old, but thousands of passionate sports fans are engaging, sharing, predicting and writing articles, right now directly on Sportlobster.com – The Sport Social Network.
Those that aren’t signed up only have to search Sportlobster within Twitter to see what the fuss is all about.
Having worked with Sportlobster since July 2012, we were under no illusions to how big they could grow. We analysed and crunched the numbers, so we knew what was capable. But we are definitely surprised at how fast sports fans are migrating to the network.
We were tasked recently to host a Live Influencer Event to introduce the social network to key stakeholders within the sports industry. As experts within sport and social media, we lept to the challenge. View below the details and the outcome
- To organise an event to introduce the sports social network to an audience of influential persons within the sports industry
- To have at least 60 attendees, which must include writers (bloggers & journalists), sports industry personnel and industry leaders
We invited 100 friends and connections from the sporting world to come and share the Sportlobster experience with us. We booked the event at London’s well known Sports Café. The event agenda included a presentation, a Q&A session and some excellent networking. Food and drink was also provided.
We held a quiz named ‘guess the Lobstars’ and some other initiatives whereby guests could win some fantastic prizes including an iPad Mini.
We handled Community Management for the event, creating a flow of content and action across Twitter and participating in conversations with both guests and the online audience.
We partnered with Leaderboarded.com to create an engaging leaderboard dynamicthat ranks players by Twitter accounts and tweets using #Sportlobster. Attendees tweeted throughout the event to climb the leaderboard to win a prize. This mechanic generated a HUGE amount of awareness for Sportlobster.
- 1.6million Twitter impressions on the night from over 700 Tweets
- 60 Sports Industry attendees including Chelsea FC, The Times, European Tour, IMG, Rugby Football Union, ESPN, Eurosport & TalkSPORT
- Engaged with sports super influencers @FourFourTom (96k), @TouchlineDrama (27k) & @Okwonga (12k) whom are now actively using Sportlobster
- Created a large networking opportunity for the founders
- Recorded one of the highest days of traffic to the site since launch
Download and view full Sportlobster Case Study